Monday, May 1, 2017

Welcome!!

My dearest friends, family, loved ones, random acquaintances... really anyone who actually takes the time to read this,

In just a few days I will be packing my bags and traveling to Accra, Ghana to work for a nonprofit called Unite For Sight. During my fall semester at BYU, I applied, interviewed, and was accepted to work as an intern for the next 6 weeks. Unite For Sight is a 501(c) nonprofit with the goal of delivering eye-care to impoverished areas. The crazy thing is that 80% of ALL visual impairments can be cured or prevented! This means that 80% percent of people with that have to deal with eye sight loss don't have the tools or means available to do a basic function of life. So that's is the goal-- deliver care in the most efficient way possible to allow people to "see the light". Literally.

This mission is much much bigger than myself or any singular organization. If you want to look more into the nitty gritty of what Unite For Sight does and how they do it go to www.uniteforsight.org. The best part (at least to me) is 100% of donations go straight to care delivery. And no where else. But I am not here to get people to donate. I am writing because this is what will give me an academic internship credit at BYU. So here I am to tell of my adventures, what I am doing, and what I am learning. Please follow if you want to stay updated!

Thanks to all who have helped me be the person I am today!




2 comments:

  1. Way to go Courtney!! Keep brightening the world with your awesome beautiful light! All the best to you ~ Sister K :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to read about your journey! This is a wonderful cause; you'll be enriched by your experience - I plan on living vicariously because I'm going to vacation in New Dishwasher, New Hampshire. I'll be happy to share your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete